The main differences between the old Form 6 and the new one are:
- There are new fields for the client’s GST registration, ABN and ACN;
- Part 4 now lists leasing (commercial agents) as a service;
- There is now an expanded description of Open Listing, Sole Agency and Exclusive Agency;
- There is now an option for the parties to nominate whether a Sole or Exclusive Agency continues as an open listing after the period of appointment; and
- For Sole and Exclusive Agency appointments, the client must now sign an acknowledgment that the agent has provided information relating to the appointment (this brings the form into line with the statutory obligation under s 103(2)(b) of the POA).
Little has changed in regards to the Form 8. You will notice a new cover page which provides a guide as to how the form should be completed, and there are also expanded descriptions for each section.
How will this affect you?
We are not aware of any transition period that applies, which means the new forms to be used from today.
For your convenience, we have included the new forms for you to download below.