The Redchip team operates with the mentality that pre-warned is pre-armed. We assume there is a likelihood that disputes will arise between parties entering into any construction or property agreement.
We work with our clients across the construction, infrastructure, development and transport sectors to ensure they go in with their contractual and payment processes established to minimise the impact of potential disagreements.
We take a holistic approach to protecting your interests and managing the fallout from litigation should it be necessary. Our deliverables to contractors, subcontractors, homeowners, builders and developers encompass:
- Practical, commercial and strategic advice concerning payment claims, including preparation of contracts and claims, as well as prosecuting or defending claims under the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act
- Counsel to principals when contractual disputes arise under the construction contract, specifically breach of contract, termination, liquidated damages and calling on security under the contract
- Maintaining cash flow consistency for contracts and subcontractors through strategic use of payment regimes, including adjudication where required
- Risk management plans for disputes, financial protection, payments or resistance to claims
- Acting for home owners in domestic building contract disputes, and taking a proactive approach to protecting their rights under the contract
- Representing builders and contractors in administrative review proceedings against the Queensland Building and Construction Commission
Our focus in delivering advice to clients is to maintain a pragmatic approach that understands the role of adjudication and preparation in avoiding damaging fallout from litigation.