Zachary has a broad commercial awareness and experience, enabling him to provide clients with practical and insightful advice. He is frequently involved in complex advisory, contract drafting and negotiations, particularly where intellectual property, taxation and commercial considerations intersect.
Zachary provides services to a broad range of entities including multinational public and private corporations, national and international corporations, start ups, Government owned corporations, universities, venture capitalists and individuals principally inventors and creatives.
Areas of practice
- Primary: Corporate, Technology, Intellectual Property, Start ups
- Secondary: Taxation, Financial Services Regulation, Media, Data & Privacy
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Business (Banking and Finance)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property
How Zachary can help
- Structuring and restructuring business ventures (including joint ventures) for operational efficiency, tax effectiveness, incentive compatibility and risk mitigation.
- Investment advice from seed to series C funding rounds.
- Regulatory advice, principally in respect of competition, franchising, product approvals, corporate matters, the establishment of ESVCLP and VCLP, privacy establishment and data breaches and tax matters.
- Intellectual property development and protection strategies, principally in respect of trade marks, copyright and confidential information.
- Intellectual property contract preparation that is comprehensive, tailored, fit for purpose and drafted in plain English.
- International expansion advice and assistance from a tax, regulatory and risk mitigation perspective.
- Acting for producers, financiers and distributors of film, television programs and other content.
- Assisting advertising agencies and corporates with the contracting for, and clearance of, advertising and communications campaigns.
Determining options, removing obstacles and getting clients their desired results are all important to Zac.
Since Facebook announced its name change in October 2021, various tech companies have been coming forward...