Building & Construction Disputes
Redchip’s building and construction team takes a practical approach to all stages of a building matter.
From the negotiations and contract drafting to disputes arising under the contract, Redchip can help.
We assume there is a likelihood that disputes will arise between parties entering into any construction or agreement, and take the approach that pre-warned is pre-armed.
Our clients include property developers, builders, principals, subcontractors, consultants and professionals, suppliers and homeowners.
Redchip’s team are experienced and regularly provide advice in the areas of:
- Drafting of terms and conditions for suppliers.
- Making and responding to claims under the Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act.
- Preparation of payment claims and payment schedules.
- Residential and commercial building disputes.
- Making and responding to applications under the Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act.
- Debt recovery for contractors and suppliers.
- Acting for homeowners in terminating a contract and making a claim on the QBCC’s Home Warranty Scheme.
- Reviewing the decisions of the QBCC on behalf of either homeowners or builders.
- Acting for builders and building directors in resisting claims by the QBCC under the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act.
Contact us for an initial consultation.
Our full range of litigation expertise.
Find an expert in Building & Construction Disputes.
How can we help?
We ask questions to get to the bottom of your concerns, now it’s your turn.
Real advice from people who have your back.
At Redchip, people often tell us that we don’t seem like lawyers. We make a point to have real conversations with our clients in everyday language. Because we know that success is built on relationships.