Wills & Estates
Estate Planning is vital.
Our team works in close collaboration you and your advisors to ensure that your hard-earned assets and your intended beneficiaries are protected.
We listen to what you want to achieve and deliver simplicity out of apparent complexity. We work with you and your advisers to establish a full picture of your goals, the assets and investments you wish to protect, and how you wish to protect them. We then apply our acumen as commercial lawyers to provide you with a strategy that achieves your desired outcomes.
Estate Planning is more than just a Will. Planning for your future and the future of your family can take a number of forms:
- Will preparation
- Establishment of Testamentary Trusts
- Undertaking Trust Deed reviews and amendments
- Undertaking SMSF Deed reviews and upgrades
- Preparation of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Preparation of Death Benefit Nominations
- Devising Asset Protection strategies
- Consideration of the entitlement of beneficiaries
- Tax advice
Through effective planning and advice, Redchip assists you to maximise the value of your estate, minimise tax liability and ensure the highest degree of asset protection, for you and your beneficiaries.
The path for Executors of deceased estates can potentially be difficult to navigate, requiring professional guidance along the way. Our team supports Executors in understanding and discharging their responsibilities in accordance with the wishes of the deceased and with minimum stress.
The Redchip team provides Executors with direction and assistance in managing the Estate Administration process including:
- Obtaining Probate or Letter of Administration (as required)
- Sales of Estate property and investments
- Establishment of post-deathTrusts
- Closing of bank accounts
- Closing of Super Funds and petition of Super Funds if no Binding Death Benefit Nomination exists
- Advice to Executors regarding their legal obligations, including to beneficiaries
- Practical advice when dealing with disappointed beneficiaries
Our team doesn’t just provide advice to Executors. We also work with the Executor’s chosen advisers, including their financial adviser, accountant and broker, to ensure the Will-maker’s intentions are met with the least amount of fuss.
Contact us for an initial consultation.
Our full range of succession planning expertise.
Find an expert in Wills & Estates.
How can we help?
We ask questions to get to the bottom of your concerns, now it’s your turn.
Real advice from people who have your back.
At Redchip, people often tell us that we don’t seem like lawyers. We make a point to have real conversations with our clients in everyday language. Because we know that success is built on relationships.